MDW gravimetric batch blenders
The Piovan gravimetric blenders, of the MDW line, are available in various configurations and can dose and weigh up to 8 granular materials, allowing to select the most appropriate hopper capacities and dosing devices. The blenders can be combined with injection and blow moulding machines, and extruders, covering productions from 30 up to a maximum of 1800 kg/h.
The microprocessor electronic control features high execution speed and simple setting of the unit.
As operator interface, it is possible to select the simplified keypad or the more advanced version called Premium, complete with touch screen panel with bright 8.5” screen. A single screen summarizes all the main information on the blender’s functioning, including the comparison between the set and the real dosing percentages as well as the data of the instantaneous production of the unit. Moreover, it is possible to access additional functions, such as access management and event/alarm management. Once the percentages of the formulas have been set, the blender starts dosing immediately and reaches the stabilization of the dosed quantities after a few batches only.
The standard configuration includes the Ethernet port and the USB interface to permit the download and consultation of the functioning data off line for useful elaboration, and the communication with other systems, such as the supervisory Piovan WinFactory software. It is a standardized platform which allows managing all the auxiliaries from remote stations. With the Dosing module, WinFactory offers the function of consumption calculation of raw materials in order to optimize stock management and the possibility to manage production jobs with quality certification.
● Maximum flexibility of usage: The unit can be supplied with 2 up to 8 modular dosing stations of various capacities (slide gate or screw). The stations can be added at subsequent times, in line with the production requirements
● High dosing precision and repeatability at every single batch: The powerful and quick control system guarantees an accuracy of ± 0.3%. Dosing percentages of 0.5% with the slide gate device
● Perfect mixing of the components: The new mixer with semispheric shape and the particular design of the shaft thoroughly mix the entire mass of granules, without preferential flows or material stagnation
● Immediate dialogue unit-operator: The control ensures a user-friendly and immediate usage, without necessity to look at the guide. The main operative parameters are displayed in a single screen
● Especially suited for applications with machines with repeated vibrations: The fast scanning software and quick adjustment of the blender’s functioning contribute to the blender’s immunity from the vibrations of the processing machine