The Field Service Technician is a traveling position with work being conducted at various locations throughout multiple states. The FST provides technical support to customers, both onsite (primary) and on the telephone/computer (secondary).
In this role, you will install, demonstrate, qualify, troubleshoot, repair, and alter Una-Dyn/Piovan equipment, utilizing knowledge of our equipment to provide technical support on multiple product lines. While primarily working in customer facilities, there are times when you will provide office-based work for phone support, as well as performing administrative tasks such as opening and managing support cases and providing service reports and documenting expenses.
Roles / Responsibilities:
- Perform startup, repair, and preventative maintenance service work at customer sites
- Apply troubleshooting techniques to identify and resolve problems during repairs, startups, and assessments
- Arrange, schedule, and perform travel to and from jobsite. Not often, but sometime this may include international locations
- Document all actions and expenses, including service reports, expense reports, and product alterations
- Provide technical telephone support for customers, Sales, and other colleagues FSTs; Research and secure answers to problems
- Conduct plant-floor training classes for customers on equipment operation and maintenance
- Practice Una-Dyn service ethics concerning safety, attitude, appearance, conversation, and quality of work
- Associate degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology (or related field) preferred and/or five (5)+ years of experience with industrial equipment similar to Una-Dyn/Piovan equipment
- Must have solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to analyze and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings, as well as software code
- Familiar with microprocessor controls and programs
- Must have good interpersonal skills and provide high-quality customer service
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and multitask
- Must be able to evaluate and respond appropriately to situations to the benefit of the customer
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, CRM and AutoCAD
UnaDyn provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.