Conair is the leading producer of auxiliary equipment for plastics processing in the world. We make and market over 450 different products, including resin-drying systems, blenders, feeders and material-conveying systems, temperature-control equipment and granulators. Extrusion solutions include gravimetric control systems, film and sheet scrap-reclaim systems and downstream equipment for pipe and profile extrusion. Conair is also a leader in plastics process integration, engineering and installing complete manufacturing systems that help plastics processors manage their valuable raw materials, handle their critical manufactured parts, and improve their process yield.
The Project Manager IV (Senior PM) assumes total responsibility for complex system projects. This role includes project initiation, planning, execution, controlling and closure. This includes attending and participating in project kickoff meetings, ensuring that system orders are accurate and are in line with customer requirements, sourcing contractor bids, project scheduling (Gantt charts), coordinating construction crews (installation) and internal technicians (startup/commissioning), and project closure (invoices paid, line items closed, tasks completed).
The Senior PM is the primary customer contact from the time of order release until project closure. They are capable of handling projects with significant project complexity, including involvement in the quoting phase. The Senior PM initiates and leads Continuous Improvement activities with positive results. Additionally, the Senior PM may be involved in supporting other Project Managers by providing suggestions on complex projects.
This position will report to a PM Supervisor, or the Vice President of Customer Care, and is usually located in either Cranberry Township or Franklin, Pennsylvania; in some cases remote work is accepted.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports Sales as a systems expert, from the quoting phase to the time of order release, with a successful record of accomplishment in managing multiple highly complex system projects at one time. This includes project coordination, planning, and budget control to ensure successful projects and complete customer satisfaction.
- Is a driver of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Permanent Corrective Actions (PCA’s). Whenever a mistake is made, they seek to identify the "root cause" (why it happened) and implement "corrective actions" (to keep it from happening again).
- Is seen as a desired “go-to” resource for large and complex projects by the Conair organization.
- Travels as required for customer project meetings, sales meetings and technical support, and project startups; takes charge of customer meetings with confidence.
- Review all details, specifications, and financials as issued on the customer’s purchase order to assure it matches Conair’s quotation and Scope of Work (SOW) document; takes the lead in driving conversations or meetings with the customer and other Conair employees to reconcile any differences and ensure that there is a unified understanding of scope and deliverables.
- Develop bid packages for outside contractors; utilize knowledge of Conair contractors and systems to optimize contractor selection and negotiate prices on installation contracts; ethically award contracts for project installation and labor.
- Develop proficiency with the estimating Excel tool; able to perform TBC and labor estimates on complex projects; ensure proper information is provided to the Estimating team to obtain accurate estimates and adjustments to TBC and labor estimating.
- Supports the PMO Coordinator by providing the information needed to enter and manage projects; Drive kick off meetings on your projects so that all necessary project details are discussed efficiently. Gathers required data from end users (Sales, Engineering, Operations, Customers, etc.) to evaluate objectives, goals, and scope to define deliverables; Comes prepared to discuss open issues that you see based on a pre-meeting project review.
- Delivers quality project communications. Customers and Conair stakeholders receive frequent updates on project status. Is seen as a champion of communication. Adept at anticipating issues and proactively works to prevent them from occurring.
- Has a strong understanding of line-item project profitability and the common pitfalls of various aspects on Conair projects; works with customers, contractors and Conair personnel to support total project profitability and complete projects on time or ahead of schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.