Pelletron, part of the IPEG Industrial Group, is the global leading supplier for dust removal systems for plastic processors and plastics manufacturers. Besides the plastics industry, the dedusting technology is also used in the food, mineral and recycling industries. In 2003, the company began to expand into the pneumatic conveying field and developed a new pressure conveying process, trade named pellcon3®. Pelletron has a wide range of pneumatic conveying components such as rotary valves, diverter valves and shut-off valves, specially designed for conveying of pellets and powders. The Pellbow®, a special pipe elbow, another Pelletron invention, is used in the plastics industry to prevent dust and streamers in the conveying process.
The Project Manager will serve as the primary contact for customer projects and is responsible for the complete technical and commercial execution of high-value (multi-million dollar projects) engineered systems projects. This role maintains direct communication with customer stakeholders and oversees/performs detail engineering work, customer and vendor communications, drawings and engineering document review, and overall project financial performance. This position will report to the Director of Engineering and is located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and understand detailed customer specifications and apply all relevant key requirements to the project detailed design; have working knowledge of ASME/ANSI standards including piping and pressure vessels; familiarity with DIN and/or API specifications is a plus.
- Coordinate review of and updates/modifications to process flow diagrams and P&IDs to meet project design requirements; use the project P&IDs as the central tool for developing the system design and for ensuring system design is consistent with the customer’s requirements.
- Coordinate/prepare data sheets and detailed specifications for equipment including but not limited to blowers, compressors, centrifugal fans, heat exchangers, dust collectors, inline filters, cyclones, silos, hoppers/bins, pressure vessels, butterfly valves, slide gate valves, process piping systems and components, instrumentation, and controls and electrical systems.
- Coordinate/develop system general arrangement and equipment arrangement concept layouts; work directly with the Design Department to generate all required layouts, arrangements, and equipment assembly drawings; check Design Department drawings before submittal to customer.
- Coordinate RFQs, contact suppliers, and clarify technical requirements in order to get pricing quotations for external equipment; work closely with Purchasing Dept. to select suppliers and manufacture third-party equipment.
- Review and fully understand the project commercial contract and prepare and maintain the corresponding detailed project schedule and cost tracking documentation.
- Oversee and drive the project schedule and maintain key milestone dates including document submittals, equipment shipments, and receipt of progress payments; update the project schedule throughout the life of the project and communicate to the customer and all key stakeholders.
- Maintain clear and professional communication with customers, sub-suppliers, and internal stake holders, including proper written follow-up of all official contract notifications, document submittals, change requests, and questions/requests for information; follow up all communications in a timely manner.
- Coordinate/perform field start-up support for assigned projects as necessary.
- Manage project scope and prepare/present/finalize cost and timing changes internally and with customer.
- Manage multiple, high-complexity system projects simultaneously.
- Support Sales and the project team by providing the information needed to enter and manage projects; Lead kick off meetings on projects; gather required data from end users (Sales, Engineering, Operations, Customers, etc.) to evaluate objectives, goals, and scope to define deliverables.
- Develop an experienced understanding of line item project profitability and the past successes and challenges of Pelletron projects; work with customers, contractors and Pelletron personnel to achieve total project profitability and timely completion.