Pelletron, part of the IPEG Industrial Group, is the global leading supplier for dust removal systems for plastic processors and plastics manufacturers. Besides the plastics industry, the dedusting technology is also used in the food, mineral and recycling industries. In 2003, the company began to expand into the pneumatic conveying field and developed a new pressure conveying process, trade named pellcon3®. Pelletron has a wide range of pneumatic conveying components such as rotary valves, diverter valves and shut-off valves, specially designed for conveying of pellets and powders. The Pellbow®, a special pipe elbow, another Pelletron invention, is used in the plastics industry to prevent dust and streamers in the conveying process.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for promotion and sales of Pelletron’s products in an assigned business segment or product line. Supporting responsibilities include business development, lead generation, and creation/execution of sales strategies. This position will report to the Director, Sales & Marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct, coordinate and manage all sales activities in assigned business segment or product line.
- Lead quotation activity with support from other departments as required.
- Identify and quantify new areas of growth for sales of Pelletron products. Analyze data and define market areas where Pelletron has not fully leveraged opportunities and develop strategies to address.
- Quickly interpret customer’s inquiries and develop technically and commercially correct proposals ($5,000,000/year+ bookings target).
- Generate quotations for Pellbows, Mini-DeDuster®, DeDuster® systems and other related pneumatic conveying components.
- Develop and manage customer relationships by way of in-person meetings, group presentations, trade shows, telephone and email.
- Understand P&ID drawings, detailed engineering drawings and project specification documents related to engineered systems.
- Understand process flow diagrams and utilize them to illustrate solutions.
- Obtain quotations from sub-vendors ensuring fulfillment of customer specifications and design intent.
- Accurately process sales orders (SAP and other business processes) and lead kick off meetings to hand-off pre-sale knowledge to Project Engineering.
- Utilize CRM system (SalesForce).
- Maintain price lists, cost calculation sheets, sales drawings and templates under the direction of the Director, Sales & Marketing.
- Provide Director, Sales & Marketing with regular market analysis and other input toward general sales department strategy.
- Support and direct Representatives where present in assigned business segment or product line.