Thermal Care is a leading manufacturer of process cooling equipment and systems for applications worldwide. As an ISO 9001:2008 certified manufacturer, Thermal Care provides heat transfer equipment for over 50 industries and specializes in meeting the specific needs of our customers by offering both standard and custom designed industrial process cooling solutions. Some of the industries served include plastics, laser, heat-treating, food processing, machine tool, plating/ anodizing, chemical, die-casting, optical coating, and printing.
The Mechanical Engineer completes engineering assignments of moderate scope and supports or leads multiple projects concurrently in planning and designing industrial process fluid cooling and temperature control systems. This position receives general direction from a manager or senior engineer but exercises discretion in personal work details. This position is located in Niles, Illinois.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with the design and development of industrial process fluid cooling equipment and systems
• Create bill of material structures and maintain internal product configuration software tools
• Release manufacturing jobs by providing bills of materials, drawings, and notes to production
• Perform technical analysis and engineering calculations for new and existing products
• Develop and implement testing plans, evaluation methods, and decision support tools as required
• Provide technical support to other engineers as well as the Sales, Purchasing, and Service departments
• Provide cost estimates for custom design features to assist Sales in quotation process
• Provide production support in development projects, customer orders, and product maintenance
• Interface directly with internal and external customers to ensure products meet performance, quality, and functional expectations
• Actively participate in and implement continuous cost reduction and product improvement plans
• Partner with teammates, customers, and suppliers as required to accomplish objectives
• Develop and deliver presentations tailored to specific stakeholders
• Provide timing and resource estimate to complete a job or project