Pelletron, part of the IPEG Industrial Group, is the global leading supplier for dust removal systems for plastic processors and plastics manufacturers. Besides the plastics industry, the dedusting technology is also used in the food, mineral and recycling industries. In 2003, the company began to expand into the pneumatic conveying field and developed a new pressure conveying process, trade named pellcon3®. Pelletron has a wide range of pneumatic conveying components such as rotary valves, diverter valves and shut-off valves, specially designed for conveying of pellets and powders. The Pellbow®, a special pipe elbow, another Pelletron invention, is used in the plastics industry to prevent dust and streamers in the conveying process.
The Sales Engineer is responsible to sell Pelletron’s products. Secondary responsibilities include developing and executing relevant sales strategies and general Sales department support like maintaining cost sheets and proposal templates. This position will report to the Director, Sales & Marketing and is located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Seek out new areas to grow sales of Pelletron products. Study and define market areas where Pelletron has not fully leveraged opportunities and develop strategies to address.
- Quickly interpret customer’s inquiries and develop technically and commercially correct proposals ($2,000,000-5,000,000/year bookings target).
- As needed, generate quotations for Pellbows, Mini-DeDuster®, DeDuster® systems and other related pneumatic conveying components.
- Develop and manage customer relationships by way of in-person meetings, group presentations, trade shows, telephone and email.
- Understand P&ID drawings, detailed engineering drawings and project specification documents related to engineered systems.
- Generate process flow diagrams (AUTOCAD 2D) to illustrate concepts that are developed by yourself or colleagues.
- Obtain quotations from sub-vendors making certain the opportunity’s specifications are considered.
- Accurately process new sales orders (SAP and other business processes) and lead kick off meetings to hand off pre-sale knowledge to Project Engineering.
- Maintain price lists, cost calculation sheets, sales drawings and templates under the direction of the Director, Sales & Marketing.
- Provide Director, Sales & Marketing with regular market analysis and other input toward general sales department strategy.
- Support and direct Representatives where present in certain regions.