Software Engineer - On-Site in Cranberry Township, PA - this is not a remote role
Conair is the leading producer of auxiliary equipment for plastics processing in the world. We make and market over 450 different products, including resin-drying systems, blenders, feeders, material-conveying systems, temperature-control equipment and granulation systems. Extrusion solutions include gravimetric control systems, film and sheet scrap-reclaim systems and downstream equipment for pipe and profile extrusion. Conair is also a leader in plastics process integration, engineering and installing complete manufacturing systems that help plastics processors manage their valuable raw materials, handle their critical manufactured parts, and improve their process yield.
The Software Engineer designs, develops, and tests all aspects of software to control machinery, including algorithms to refine performance, and the communication, aggregation, and display of relevant data to the user or for use in modeling. This position also coordinates activities to evaluate and resolve product or process related problems. The Software Engineer reports to the Director of Software and Controls Engineering and is located in Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in an environment which encourages teamwork, innovation, trust, and customer inspired motivation;
- Participate in the development, debugging, testing, deployment, maintenance and all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC);
- Participate in team-based creation of requirements, specifications, architecture and design of software for machine control or use of data from machines;
- Maintain software documentation and resources by creating and maintaining release notes, system specifications and design documentation;
- Develops and documents concepts and ideas for implementation of new and/or improved products;
- Verifies concepts and ideas in the most efficient manner possible using analytical tools and/or concept level prototype testing; documents the process and results of the verification.
- Works independently or within a team to apply basic engineering principles to design and develop software and associated documentation from general verbal instructions, sketches, or existing models;
- Works directly with other engineering individuals and manufacturing individuals to resolve mechanical and fabrication issues with new and existing products;
- Assists the sustainment, new product development, and value engineering teams in their activities as needed;
- Provides data necessary to support the sales, marketing, installation, operation and maintenance teams.