RPA mould dryingRPA Mould Dryers for maximum system productivity
Piovan Mould Dryers generate dehumidified airflow with a Dew Point of up to –15°C and prevent the formation of condensation in the mould area. With a processing range from 400 up to 2500 m3/h, they can work with one or more production machines both in closed and open circuit mode.
Heating and regeneration process under control:
The unit is equipped with a microprocessor control with PID algorithm; it precisely regulates the functioning of the mould dryer and permits a consistent dew point and regeneration air temperature monitoring.
An extra control panel for process air temperature is available on request.
RPA mould dryers ensure maximum performance and reliability under all operational conditions, including tropical climates. They are designed for ambient temperature up to 45°C and operate with high humidity degree (up to 90%). Start-up times and the risk of wrong-start errors are reduced to zero; all the RPA dryers are completely ready for operation and require no setting or adjustment.
Piovan mould dryers excel for extremely low maintenance requirements. The process filters are easily accessible, and filter cleaning is simple and quick. Thanks to their compact dimensions, the RPA units can be easily integrated with existing machines and optimise plant utilisation.
An extensive range of applications:
The RPA mould dryers provide dehumidified air to small, medium and large moulds. They are ideally suited for:
• Mould enclosures of fast-cycle IMM’s
• Mould enclosures of blow moulding machines
• Mould enclosures and robot area of PET IMM’s.
The unit can operate with one or more processing machines, and be positioned on the floor or on a mezzanine, simply by orienting the connection piping. On request, Piovan offers a complete mould dehumidifying package including RPA unit, mould enclosure and interconnecting piping.
• Mould discharge pump (RPA 400-800)***
• Post-cooler, recommended for PET IMM’s
• Closed loop version, ideal for particularly warm condition
• Process temperature control
• Mould enclosure, to control the mould ambient conditions
*** standard application for the RPA 1200÷2400 models
● Higher productivity; conditioning the mould area, the cycle time is minimised
● Optimised and constant cycle all year round, with no need to adjust the working parameters according to climate conditions and humidity percentage
● Improved quality standards with substantial cost savings
● No production of imperfect and discarded pieces due to moisture infiltration
● Maximum energy efficiency, with an average consumption < 0.0075 kWh per one m3/h of dried air
● Extension of the life of the mould, eliminating the risk of corrosion and infiltration and the consequent necessity for maintenance
● The RPA dryers are provided with a high efficiency desiccant wheel, which entraps the moisture and ensures constant dry airflow. Regeneration carries out continuously